1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. We may collect Personal Information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of the Services.
A. INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU
- Contact information. When you download the Services, we ask you for your work email address.
- Call notes. If you choose to take notes through the Services, we will process the content of your notes.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional Personal Information about you. For example, when you send us an email, we will receive your name, email address, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services. If you subscribe to our mailing list, we will collect certain personal information from you, such as your email address.
- Support information. When you request technical support services, we will process your contact information, such as name, email address, phone number and the country in which you are based as well as information on the reasons for your support request, and any additional information you may provide in that context.
- Where required by applicable law, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your PersonalInformation, as well as the consequences of failing to do so.
B. INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA AUTOMATED MEANS
- Meeting information. When you initiate or join Zoom meetings through the Services, we will obtain certain information about your meeting, such as the meeting name, the start time and end time and the duration of the meeting.
- Calendar information. If you choose to give us access to your Google Calendar, we will obtain details about your meetings, such as meeting name, meeting attendees, start time and end time.
- Documents information. If you choose to give us access to your Google Docs account, we will process the Google Docs which you create and edit through the Services.
- Usage information. When you use the Services, we automatically collect certain information about your use of the Services, including the date and time of your visits and where you have clicked, and information about actions happening in your meetings, such as a person joining or leaving the meeting, or a person sharing their screen during the meeting.
- Website usage information. When you use the Site, we may automatically collect information about your visit, including via cookies, beacons, invisible tags, and similar technologies(collectively “cookies”) in your browser and on communication sent to you. This information may include Personal Information, such as your IP address, web browser, device type, and the webpages that you visit just before or just after you use the Site, as well as information about your interactions with the Site, such as the date and time of your visit, and where you have clicked.
C. INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM OTHER SOURCES
- Zoom profile information. When you give us permission to access your account with Zoom VideoCommunications, Inc. (“Zoom”), we receive your account details from Zoom, such as your name, email address and Zoom account ID, and the information which you added to your public Zoom profile, such as the name of your company or your position.
- Google account information. If you choose to link your Google account, we will receive your account details from Google, such as your email address.
- Other Macro users. When one of your colleagues uses the Services, we may receive information about you, including your name and the amount of time which you spoke during a Zoom call.
- Other third parties. We may obtain information, including Personal Information, from third parties and sources other than our Services, such as our business customers and partners. If we combine or associate information from other sources with Personal Information that we collect through our Services, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
We use Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
- Providing the Services. We use your Personal Information to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide features of our Services, for instance to view your current meetings and information viaZoom, as well to view and to manage Google Drive files that you have created via our application.
- Support. We use Personal Information to provide technical support, including diagnosing and resolving any issues you report.
- Customer relationship management. We may process your Personal Information for customer relationship management purposes.
- Communicating with you. We may use your email address and other Personal Information as necessary to contact you for administrative purposes such as to provide information that you request, and to respond to comments and questions.
- Understanding usage and improving the Services. We may use your contact information and other Personal Information to contact you to answer feedback and surveys. We use the information that we collect through the Services to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionalities.
- Administrative and legal purposes. We may use your Personal Information to address any administrative or legal issues pertaining to Macro, including but not limited to intellectual property infringement, defamation, or rights of privacy issues.
- Aggregation. We may aggregate or otherwise de-identify Personal Information and use the resulting information for other business purposes.
We and third-party service providers may use the following cookies to collect Personal Information:
Our Use of European Personal Information
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we process your Personal Information only on one of the following grounds:
- You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, for example to integrate Macro into your Zoom workspace;
- We need your Personal Information to provide you with our Services, for example to respond to your inquiries;
- We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations, or with a court order; or
- We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to introduce Macro to your colleagues, for development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.