1. Personal Information We Collect
In this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. We may collect Personal Information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of the Services.
A. Information Provided by You
- Contact information. When you download the Services, we ask you for your work email address.
- Call notes. If you choose to take notes through the Services, we will process the content of your notes.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional Personal Information about you. For example, when you send us an email, we will receive your name, email address, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services. If you subscribe to our mailing list, we will collect certain personal information from you, such as your email address.
- Support information. When you request technical support services, we will process your contact information, such as name, email address, phone number and the country in which you are based as well as information on the reasons for your support request, and any additional information you may provide in that context.
Where required by applicable law, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your PersonalInformation, as well as the consequences of failing to do so.
B. Information Collected via Automated Means
- Meeting information. When you initiate or join Zoom meetings through the Services, we will obtain certain information about your meeting, such as the meeting name, the start time and end time and the duration of the meeting.
- Calendar information. If you choose to give us access to your Google Calendar, we will obtain details about your meetings, such as meeting name, meeting attendees, start time and end time.
- Documents information. If you choose to give us access to your Google Docs account, we will process the Google Docs which you create and edit through the Services.
- Usage information. When you use the Services, we automatically collect certain information about your use of the Services, including the date and time of your visits and where you have clicked, and information about actions happening in your meetings, such as a person joining or leaving the meeting, or a person sharing their screen during the meeting.
- Website usage information. When you use the Site, we may automatically collect information about your visit, including via cookies, beacons, invisible tags, and similar technologies(collectively “cookies”) in your browser and on communication sent to you. This information may include Personal Information, such as your IP address, web browser, device type, and the webpages that you visit just before or just after you use the Site, as well as information about your interactions with the Site, such as the date and time of your visit, and where you have clicked.
C. Information Collected from Other Sources
- Zoom profile information. When you give us permission to access your account with Zoom VideoCommunications, Inc. (“Zoom”), we receive your account details from Zoom, such as your name, email address and Zoom account ID, and the information which you added to your public Zoom profile, such as the name of your company or your position.
- Google account information. If you choose to link your Google account, we will receive your account details from Google, such as your email address.
- Other Macro users. When one of your colleagues uses the Services, we may receive information about you, including your name and the amount of time which you spoke during a Zoom call.
- Other third parties. We may obtain information, including Personal Information, from third parties and sources other than our Services, such as our business customers and partners. If we combine or associate information from other sources with Personal Information that we collect through our Services, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
- Providing the Services. We use your Personal Information to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide features of our Services, for instance to view your current meetings and information viaZoom, as well to view and to manage Google Drive files that you have created via our application.
- Support. We use Personal Information to provide technical support, including diagnosing and resolving any issues you report.
- Customer relationship management. We may process your Personal Information for customer relationship management purposes.
- Communicating with you. We may use your email address and other Personal Information as necessary to contact you for administrative purposes such as to provide information that you request, and to respond to comments and questions.
- Understanding usage and improving the Services. We may use your contact information and other Personal Information to contact you to answer feedback and surveys. We use the information that we collect through the Services to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionalities.
- Administrative and legal purposes. We may use your Personal Information to address any administrative or legal issues pertaining to Macro, including but not limited to intellectual property infringement, defamation, or rights of privacy issues.
- Aggregation. We may aggregate or otherwise de-identify Personal Information and use the resulting information for other business purposes.
We and third-party service providers may use the following cookies to collect Personal Information:
Our Use of European Personal Information
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we process your Personal Information only on one of the following grounds:
- You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, for example to integrate Macro into your Zoom workspace;
- We need your Personal Information to provide you with our Services, for example to respond to your inquiries;
- We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations, or with a court order; or
- We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to introduce Macro to your colleagues, for development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
3. When We Disclose Information
We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- If required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- Where we believe, in good faith, that disclosing your Personal Information is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability; (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (iv) protect the security or integrity of our Services and any facilities or equipment used to make our Services available; or (v) protect our property or other legal rights including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements, or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- To an acquirer, successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
To our affiliates, subsidiaries, and branch offices for the above-mentioned purposes.
4. Your Rights and Choices
You may, of course, decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of our Services. If you wish to access, amend, or delete any other Personal Information we hold about you, you may contact us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so, as permitted under applicable data protection law.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Policy.
Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding our Services.
Your Cookie Choices
- Google Analytics. You can learn about Google’s practices by going tohttps://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and opt out by downloading the GoogleAnalytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout or viaGoogle’s Ads Settings or Ad Settings for mobile apps.
- Intercom. You can learn more about Intercom’s practices by going tohttps://www.intercom.com/legal/privacy and contact Intercom via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do-Not-Track Signals. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do-Not-Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
Your European Privacy Rights
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have additional rights as described below.
- You may request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work, or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of yourPersonal Information, at any time, and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
- You may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights, and that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
5. International Visitors
Our Services are hosted in the United States. If you choose to use our Services from regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing, which does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. When we transfer your PersonalInformation to the U.S., we take steps to comply with applicable data protection law, in particular legal requirements regarding adequate protection for data transfers. By providing any information, includingPersonal Information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we will comply with applicable data protection laws when transferring your Personal Information outside of the EEA. We may transfer your PersonalInformation to countries which have been found to provide adequate protection by the EU Commission(e.g., Switzerland and Canada), use contractual protections for the transfer of Personal Information, or transfer to recipients who have adopted Binding Corporate Rules. For more information about how we transfer Personal Information outside of the EEA, or to obtain a copy of the contractual safeguards we use for such transfers, you may contact us as specified below.
6. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are for general audiences and are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Services at any time or in any manner. If we learn that Personal Information has been collected on the Services from persons under13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Services, then you may alert us using the contact details at the end of thisPolicy and request that we delete that child’s Personal Information from our systems.
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the relevant statute of limitations.
8. Third-Party Services
The Services may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Services. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Services. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
9. Information Security
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of Personal Information that we collect and maintain. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data. It is important that you maintain the security and control of your credentials, and not share your passwords or private keys with anyone.
10.Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the Services, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to email address if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Services for the first time after such material changes are made. Your continued use of theServices after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood, and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
11. Our Contact Information
Unless otherwise indicated, Marlo, Inc. is the entity responsible or “data controller” for the processing of your Personal Information as described in this Policy. Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your Personal Information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at email@example.com or by postal mail at:
1 Western Avenue #625