We're hiring a Design Lead to build the UI/UX team here at Macro and shape the future of workplace communication.
Our core beliefs
Workplace mastery is coming
Historically, iterations in communication mediums have created step-change productivity improvements in knowledge workers, like IRC → Slack, and low latency video + audio → Zoom. The next big opportunity in productivity exists in helping people *master* their workplace, helping them unlock productivity across their workflows with game-changing interfaces and actions.
Providing instant value-add through low surface area
It's harder than ever to convince people to use something new, let alone convince their entire team. We can create a 10x better experience for users in their existing tools from day one.
Our guiding principles
- A bias for action: we're a team of self-starters who collaborate often and deploy daily
- Extreme ownership: you're a true owner of the product and company.
- We Not I: everyone on their team is empowered to make decisions, with a responsibility to communicate them. We default to over-communication.
- Run towards our problems: we won't sugarcoat, startups are hard. Things will get tough, and when they do, we run towards our problems at full speed.
- Think Big: constantly living the duality of diving down into the nitty-gritty, but being able to pull out of the weeds and see the broader vision we're working towards.
What We're Looking for in You:
- Someone who's spent too much time in unproductive meetings and sees ample opportunity for improvement
- A product designer with 5+ years of experience.
- Experienced working at the earliest stages of an eventual-hypergrowth startup.
- Comfortable owning the design spectrum from user research to high-fidelity UI and visual design
- Willingness to take on other design projects, such as graphic design, web animation, etc
- Up-to-date with modern design patterns and human interface guidelines.
- Tools you consider second-nature: Figma/Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (including After Effects) or similar.
At Macro, you'll get to report directly to the CEO and work closely with our engineering and product teams to continually impact the working lives of thousands each and every day.
You'll thrive in ambiguity, and own the full design process from understanding customer problems and low fidelity wireframes to bringing products to visual life + make graphic, illustrations and animations to promote.
You'll grow into a role managing several junior designers and be a critical functional unit owner of our team.
"It's impossible to talk about the design without looking at the work" - Julie Zhuo
Alongside your work experience, send us your portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing your work!