We're hiring a Software Engineer with fullstack experience to build the engineer team here at Macro and shape the future of workplace communication.
Our Core Beliefs
Workplace mastery is coming:
Historically, iterations in communication mediums have created step-change productivity improvements in knowledge workers, like IRC → Slack, and low latency video + audio → Zoom. The next big opportunity in productivity exists in helping people master their workplace, helping them unlock productivity across their workflows with game-changing interfaces and actions.
Providing instant value-add through low surface area:
It's harder than ever to convince people to use something new, let alone convince their entire team. We can create a 10x better experience for users in their existing tools from day one.
Our guiding principles:
- A bias for action: we're a team of self-starters who collaborate often and deploy daily
- Extreme ownership: you're a true owner of the product and company.
- We Not I: everyone on their team is empowered to make decisions, with a responsibility to communicate them. We default to over-communication.
- Run towards our problems: we won't sugarcoat, startups are hard. Things will get tough, and when they do, we run towards our problems at full speed.
- Think Big: constantly living the duality of diving down into the nitty-gritty, but being able to pull out of the weeds and see the broader vision we're working towards.
What We're Looking for in You:
- Someone who's spent too much time in unproductive meetings and sees ample opportunity for improvement
- Experienced working at the earliest stages of an eventual-hypergrowth startup.
- A senior backend engineer with 5+ years of experience working in
- Desktop/mobile/web apps in Electron with react and node.js
- Python (Django and Flask)
- Strong familiarty with the data layer and SQL (postgres)
- Building custom performant APIs + integrations with third-party APIs
At Macro, you'll get to report directly to the CTO and work closely with our product and design teams to continually impact the working lives of thousands each and every day.
You'll grow into a role managing several junior engineers and be a critical functional unit owner of our team.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- WFH, remote friendly / flexible policy
Just send us your work experience and Github profile at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to toss in something extra, tell us about something you built that your particularly proud of.