- Let's face the facts, its easier to accidentally (or not accidentally) interrupt people in virtual meetings. The Airtime map now subtly indicates when an interruption is occurring to help avoid future interruptions!
- We've been tuning the criteria for what constitutes an interruption and would love your feedback here. See an interruption in your meeting that goes undetected? Let us know!
- Zoom reactions are a bit...stale. We've added live reactions to better share your feelings with your meeting participants.
Click a live reaction to see what we mean!
- Webinar support is finally here!
- The ⌘M modal has been updated with a new design and quick access functionality
- Macro now shows your next meeting underneath the time remaining for the current one!
- Upon hover, you can convert a chat into a note 💥
- Normal zoom shortcuts for audio, video, and screen share are now live
- Names of participants show upon hovering over video frames
- Participant video frames will be added or removed to take up the full space available based on the size of your Macro window
- Choosing which app to screenshare used to take a sec to populate with all the apps open on your desktop, now it's instant
- After receiving a chat notification, Macro now automatically opens you to the chat channel that someone messaged you in
- If a Macro update was available, sometimes Macro would try to install the update even if you were in-meeting 😱Not gonna happen anymore!
- Significantly decreased CPU utilization when Macro was just sitting at the homescreen
- There's a beautiful new way to see everyone in the meeting, even those without video. The most recent active speakers appear larger on your screen, while the rest of the participants are just a glance to the side.
- Zoom chat... has some room for improvement. So we've redesigned it - it works just the same for anyone you're chatting with who's not on Macro too. Soon you'll be able to instantly convert a chat into a note
- You can now choose exactly what screen or application you want to showcase when you start a screenshare
- If you don't use Google docs, or even if you do, you can now 1-click copy all the contents of your notes in Macro to your clipboard, to paste anywhere. Formatting included.
- We've got new, daily rotating meeting backgrounds (not virtual/video backgrounds but rather the space between everyone's videos that's normally just black), which adds a refreshing air of 'newness' to your meetings. If you like the standard black background, you can always toggle this off in settings 🖤
- Macro now intelligently toggles your view when you start your own or begin viewing a screenshare (and toggles back after). As always, you can customize this in settings, and if you're so bold even set Macro to toggle your view anytime you click out of the meeting window 👀
- You can now re-size the screen share window. Huzzah!
- After a meeting the app now closes and restarts 3x faster 🐎
- When 'waiting for the host to let you in' you were previously stuck with that window smack dab in the middle of your screen. You can now move that around to freely do whatever-it-is-you-do when waiting for a meeting to start.
- Decreased Macro CPU utilization by ~15% in Pro View 🤖
Our biggest update ever...
- You've asked and we listened. We made the collab view controls much easier to find. Mouse over the always-present Macro icon and your meeting controls will be there to greet you.
- A new control we've added: the ability to move the videos anywhere you'd like! Move them to somewhere else on your screen, or even a different desktop or monitor. Just click & drag to move
- Since we're early there are still plenty of 🐛to find and squash. If you're having any issue getting into your meeting, now there's an option to launch right in with normal Zoom, on the same screen you were previously only choosing between Discussion / Collaboration view.
- Sometimes you'd see a 'Waiting for host to start your meeting' when you're the host of a meeting. Bug be gone! (This has been fixed).
- Tired/annoyed/frustrated by Zoom taking up your whole screen and blocking you from getting actual work done with your team? Shift into collab mode - a brand new interface for Zoom that shapes and organizes video into a more natural way to work with your team
- Choose either Discussion (standard) or Collaboration Mode before you launch into every meeting - all from your familiar Zoom links.
### 🏁App launch speed
- With some under the hood improvements, Macro now launches even faster right into your meetings.
### 🆘Help is just a click away
- We've got a new button that lets you chat directly with us in the app if you're experiencing any issues with Macro!
### 😎Joined via Macro
- If you're using Macro to join a meeting, your participant name will have a subtle 'joined via Macro' appended!
### 💨Airtime in large meetings
- If you're in a large meeting, the airtime map now intelligently displays only the top 12 participants by airtime percentage, no more cluttered maps with lots of participants (some of you have some huge meetings 👀)
- The Macro homescreen now displays your upcoming meetings with rich information about your acceptance status, time, and a quick link to launch right into your meetings!
###📓 Brand new note taking experience
- Outcomes just got a fresh coat of paint 🎨As you type you can see the options to categorize your note, including a new, highly requested, 'General Note' option.
- After you leave a meeting, you'll get an automatic email from Macro with the summary of your meeting notes, including the airtime data ✨
- We've cleaned up your Gdrive 🧹Meeting docs are now automatically organized in Macro Meetings > Individual Meetings or Recurring Meetings folders based on the type of meeting
- Protected zoom domains without a password now work perfectly with Macro
- Full-screen no longer covers up a portion of the participant videos or screenshare
### 🏡 Home screen
- Macro now has a home screen! When you open the app manually, you can click to start or join a meeting.
### 🏄 Updated onboarding flow
- When downloading and installing Macro for the first time, there's a richer experience to welcome new users - now with with plenty of gifs!
### 📝 Changelog
- There's a new little dot in the top right corner of Macro 👀This lil guy is our changelog indicator. Click anytime to see the most recent updates to Macro. The dot also turns red to notify you a new update has been installed in the background and new features await.
### ⏲️ Meeting countdown timer
- Right under the meeting name you can now see how much time is remaining in the meeting! If you run over (we've all been there) the timer starts going in to overtime.
### 🐛 Bug fixes
- Sometimes there'd be a sneaky little Macro window creeping up in the corner of your screen as you were launching into a meeting. That's been nixed.
### ☁️ Over-the-air updating
- The days of reinstalling Macro every time we launch a new feature are no more...
Whenever we’ve made Macro even better, you’ll be prompted to automatically upgrade from the app itself - at the end of your meeting!
### ⏰ Loading screen
- We've added a launch screen with a 🆒loading spinner as soon as Macro launches, so you confidently know that you're being chauffeured into your meeting.
### 🙈 Collapsable sections
- The Macro notepad and outcomes sections can now be collapsed/uncollapsed as often as your heart desires.
### 🔍 Always in focus
- Now the Macro sidebar window is magically 🔮always in focus. No more extra clicks when you need to switch between the main video UI and the sidebar.
### 🐛 Bug fixes
- Sometimes Macro wouldn’t join a meeting when coming from a Zoom link in Gcal. We updated our URL parsing to handle opening any Zoom link, from anywhere
- Along similar lines, Zoom would occasionally open at the same time when Macro opened. Separation anxiety...we've made it clear to Zoom that we can handle your meetings ourselves 💪
### 👀 Airtime update
- Many of you have been loving and sending feedback on the airtime map - we've given it a fresh coat of paint that now dynamically highlights the active speaker.
- When you hover over a participants bubble, you'll see their full name, and their airtime stats broken down as a % and in minutes+seconds format.
### 🏎 Faster app launch
- When clicking a meeting link, Macro now launches and joins your meeting 50% faster!
### 🐛 Bug fixes
- When joining a Zoom meeting, sometimes the connect-audio modal would disappear - no more! You'll automatically be connected to the meeting via computer audio from here on out.
- The header of the Macro window would occasionally disappear 😱, that's been fixed.
### 🔺 Zoom SDK update
- We've updated to the latest and greatest version of the Zoom SDK, containing the most recent security features (GCM encryption), and more.
Lots of behind-the-scenes updates as we've been collecting feedback from early users, and some new features!
### 🐛 Bug fixes
- Re-sizing the Zoom window would sometimes result in a detached or misplaced Macro window...no more! Re-sizing is silky smooth.
- External monitor hiccups - if you were using Macro on an external monitor, sometimes the app would "break away" from the Zoom window, now they stay together (forever <3)
### ✅ Google verification
- Macro's Google Oauth app has been officially verified by Google. If you're using 2FA you can now complete the onboarding and use Macro
### 🏄♂️ Onboarding updates
- Macro requires macOS Mojave or later, some people haven't updated in a ... while 🥴Now Macro detects your macOS version and takes you through a custom onboarding flow based on your macOS security requirements
- Zoom sign-in with SSO now available!
### 💫Discussion Mode
- A new mode for Macro - when the primary purpose of your meeting is to chat with the other attendees, Discussion Mode puts the people front and center.
- Turned on by default, Discussion Mode set Zoom into gallery-mode
- Slick new mic, video, and instant screen share buttons populate in the Macro side-bar for quick toggles between your most common zoom settings
### 📦 Native app behavior
- Detect when you've clicked a Zoom link, closes the tab, and launches you right into your Zoom meeting
- Support latest Zoom meeting room security protocols (waiting rooms, authorized users, etc)
- Integrate sidepanel as part of Zoom meeting UI, dynamically draggable and resizable
- Ability to perform all standard Zoom functions while in meeting (share screen, virtual backgrounds, etc)
### 🏄♂️ Onboarding
- Stylized onboarding and first-run requiring sign in with Zoom and Google drive Oauth
- Automatically run app after installation complete and close app post onboarding
## 📣 Airtime
- Dynamically show live airtime distribution during a meeting in Macro sidepanel
- Toggle between "Last 5 min" "Last 30 min" or "All meeting" to view airtime breakdown
- Support for joining a meeting late and pre-populate existing attendees
- Support for new attendees joining a meeting after already initialized
- Added fluctuation animation modifier to visualize airtime more interactively
### ✍️ Notepad
- Note categorization modal triggered automatically after 'enter' key registered
- Hitting spacebar in notes does not unmute user from Zoom call
- Animation magic when note transitions from notepad to outcomes
- Scrolls to most recently added note
- Oneway sync in realtime with Google Docs after each note is entered, clicking share, or clicking the Gdocs link
- Share button mailto instantly populates with outcomes and google doc link
- Google Doc populates with meeting name based on meeting in your calendar at the same time
- Outcomes are full